PATHWAY INTO GOLF
Pathway into Golf at Muswell Hill Golf Club offers a route for beginners to progress at their own pace towards full membership, designed to make your transition into golf as smooth, flexible and enjoyable as possible
STAGE 1 - Year 1 Academy Membership: Completing your "Passport to Golf"
- Twice-monthly group coaching sessions covering six ‘Passport to Golf’ skills; Full Swing, Etiquette, Putting, Chipping, Rules, and Pitching/Bunkers
- Three individual first class coaching sessions with one of our top PGA Professionals
- Access to all practice facilities including the putting green, practice nets, and the short game area any time, 7 days a week
- Access to the first two holes of the course three times a week for Academy roll-ups, playing with fellow newcomers to the game
- All equipment provided by the Pro Shop
- 12 rounds on the 9-hole Academy Course on successful completion of your Passport and final sign-off lesson with the Head Professional.
STAGE 2 - Playing the 9-hole Academy Course
- Once your Passport has been signed off by one of the Professionals, we highly recommend that you start booking your rounds on the 9-hole Academy course (from special tees with reduced length) via the tee booking system. An additional six round carnet may be bought for £50
- You should keep track of your scores during these rounds using the scorecard provided by the Pro Shop
- Once you have played your 12 rounds, you should hand in your scorecards to the Pro Shop and arrange a special review lesson on the course with one of the Professionals.
STAGE 3 - Academy Year 2 or Upgrade to a Playing Membership
- Once you have had the review lesson, the Professional will advise you on your next step
- This will either be access to the full course via one of our playing memberships or Academy year 2 when a revised package of benefits of equivalent value will apply.
“Joining the Academy was a great experience for me. I was a total beginner at golf but am now playing as a 5 day member of the club after a year. I very much enjoyed the lessons with David as well as the many new friendships made at the club.”
Ruth Bolister, 2015