PATHWAY INTO GOLF
Pathway into Golf at Muswell Hill Golf Club offers a route for beginners to progress at their own pace towards full membership, designed to make your transition into golf as smooth, flexible and enjoyable as possible.
STAGE 1 - Year 1 Academy Membership: Completing your "Passport to Golf"
- Twice-monthly group coaching sessions covering six ‘Passport to Golf’ skills; Full Swing, Etiquette, Putting, Chipping, Rules, and Pitching/Bunkers
- Three individual first class coaching sessions with one of our top, fully-qualified PGA Professionals
- Access to all practice facilities including the putting green, practice nets, and the short game area any time, seven days a week
- Access to the first two holes of the course three times a week for Academy roll-ups, playing with fellow newcomers to the game
- All equipment provided by the Pro Shop
- 12 rounds on the 9-hole Academy Course on successful completion of your Passport
- Final sign-off lesson with the Professional before upgrading to playing membership.
STAGE 2 - Playing the 9-hole Academy Course
- Once your Passport has been signed off, we highly recommend that you start booking your rounds on the 9-hole Academy course via the tee booking system. It covers the front nine holes of the course from special Academy tees with reduced length on each hole
- Twelve rounds are included in the Academy membership; an additional six round carnet may be bought for £50
- It is challenging and involves plenty of skill, but allows players to become acquainted with the rules and etiquette of the game without the worry of holding up more experienced players
- You should keep track of your scores during these rounds using the scorecard provided by the Pro Shop
- Once you have played your 12 rounds, you should hand in your scorecards to the Pro Shop and arrange a special review lesson on the course with one of the Professionals
- Continued access to all practice facilities including the putting green, practice nets, and the short game area any time, seven days a week.
STAGE 3 - Academy Year 2 or Upgrade to a Playing Membership
- Once you have had the review lesson, the Professional will advise you on your next step
- This will either be access to the full course via one of our playing memberships or Academy year 2 when a revised package of benefits of equivalent value will apply.
"For an enthusiastic beginner like me, the Academy has been the perfect entry into the game and to Muswell Hill Golf Club! The Academy offers a wide and accessible range of learning and practice activities that have made my progression fruitful and enjoyable. David and the other Club staff are most welcoming, and they encourage us to take full advantage of the Club’s terrific facilities. The short game practice area is ideal for honing basic skills, and the group lessons and roll-ups are great opportunities both to learn and to meet other Academy members. The Academy strikes an effective balance between play/practice and the social side of the Club. I greatly look forward to much future play and engagement at Muswell Hill!"
Nicholas Baumgartner, 2019
"Joining the Academy was a great experience for me. I was a total beginner at golf but am now playing as a 5 day member of the club after a year. I very much enjoyed the lessons with David as well as the many new friendships made at the club.”
Ruth Bolister, 2015