Effective 01/10/2018 to 30/04/2019
When a player's ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
- Reference Point: Spot of the original ball
- Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the reference point, but with these limits:
o Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
o Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b (2) and 14.2e.
BREACH OF LOCAL RULE: General Penalty under rule 14.7a
Definition of General Area
The area of the course that covers all of the course except for the other four defined areas:
(1) the teeing area the player must play from in starting the hole he or she is playing,
(2) all penalty areas,
(3) all bunkers,
(4) the putting green of the hole the player is playing.
The general area includes:
- All teeing locations on the course other than the teeing area, and
- All wrong greens.