Member & Guest Charter
Muswell Hill Golf Club is committed to providing an environment that is free of discrimination, harassment and intimidation for all members, staff, and guests.
You are reminded that a standard of behaviour is expected in the Clubhouse and on the golf course at all times and that upon payment of a membership or green fee, you have given your consent to be bound by both the restrictions and penalties which may be imposed for any breach of the Club’s standards or serious misconduct in failing to meet the standards set out in this Charter. Members will be liable for any breach committed whether by themselves or their guests.
All Members and Visitors will be expected to:
- Create and maintain an environment free of intimidation and harassment, towards all members of staff
- Create an environment where all have an equal opportunity to participate
- Communicate with others in a manner that is respectful and caring
- Demonstrate proper personal behaviour and conduct at all times
- Promote the positive aspects of golf when representing yourself or the club (e.g., fair play, honesty, and etiquette)
- Treat members of committees, organisers, representatives, and all club staff with due respect at all times
- Observe instructions or restrictions required by club staff
- Respect the golf course and the property of both the golf club and other members
- Ensure that ‘banter’ remains so and does not intimidate or offend others.
- Avoid offensive language or telling sexist or racist jokes which may be over-heard in the clubhouse and upset other members or visitors.
Examples of unacceptable conduct:
- Any form of verbal, physical, sexual, and emotional abuse including harassment or bullying
- Verbal abuse or harassment towards all staff and other workers at the club
- Criticism of staff when they are playing on the course
- Offensive and insulting written/email communications to staff, workers, committee representatives or other members
- Any form of discrimination on the grounds of age, gender reassignment, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or beliefs
- Illegal behaviour such as smoking indoors or consuming illegal or performance enhancing drugs or stimulants
- Excessive foul language and loud swearing, in the clubhouse
- Posting hurtful comments or personal attacks on social networking sites
- Drunkenness which leads to offensive behaviour
- Any form of cheating, which may include the deliberate manipulation of handicaps
This Code applies throughout the club premises, golf course, all facilities and whilst representing the club at away events. Any conduct which falls below the expected standards of the club should be reported immediately to the General Manager.
NB: Any reported breaches of this Code will be subject to the Club’s Disciplinary process.