Women in Golf Charter
Muswell Hill Golf Club became a proud signatory to the R&A’s ‘Women in Golf’ Charter in July 2021.
The ‘Women in Golf’ Charter intends to inspire an industry-wide commitment to developing a more inclusive culture within golf around the world and enable more women and girls to flourish and maximise their potential at all levels of the sport.
The ‘Women in Golf’ Charter specifically aims to:
- Strengthen the focus on gender balance and provide a united position for the golf industry
- To support measures targeted at increasing participation of women, girls and families in golf
- Take positive action to support the recruitment, retention and progression of women working at all levels of the sport
- Set individual targets for national associations for participation and membership and reporting progress annually
- Develop an inclusive environment for women and girls within golf.
Helping Women and Girls thrive at Muswell Hill Golf Club:
- We have women and girls across all membership categories with 16.8% representation in playing categories
- There is 50% female representation on our Academy programme, the Club’s Pathway Into Golf
- The first female PGA Professional was appointed in 2020
- We have established a support network for Academy members graduating to a playing membership
- We are creating opportunities for Juniors to get into golf with Girls Taster and Coaching Sessions
- Via social media and within the Club, we continually celebrate the successes of both newcomers to the game and established players.